When hiring a Home Inspector in Toronto & the surrounding GTA, it is crucial to find someone who has been trained and accredited by a reputable governing body.
HomeOwners Inspection Services is a proud member of the OAHI, the Ontario Association of Home Inspectors. We have undergone extensive training and testing to meet the OAHI’s certification standards. We also have well over 20 years experience in the Toronto Real estate market, working with homeowners, landlords and commercial investors. Our goal, as a provider of Toronto Home Inspections, is always to provide the prospective buyers with the type of analysis and honest information they can trust and rely on.
The OAHI is the oldest and most respected Home Inspection Association in Ontario. Created in 1994 the OAHI is a non-profit organization dedicated to maintaining and promoting the highest professional standards and technical skills of it’s members through education & training.
The OAHI is also committed to enhancing public awareness of the advantages of hiring a skilled and disciplined inspector who ensures that the following criteria are reviewed:
STANDARDS OF PRACTICE
(for a full copy of the
OAHI Standards of Practice click HERE)
- Structural Systems (including: foundations, framing, floors, walls, ceilings, crawl spaces, roof structure & attic)
- Interior (including: walls, ceilings, floors, steps, stairways, railings, countertops & cabinets, doors & windows, garage doors & openers)
- Exterior (including: wall covering, flashing, trim, exterior doors, attached decks, balconies, steps, porches, eaves, soffits, fascias, grading, drainage, walkways, patios, driveways)
- Roof System (including: roof coverings, roof drainage, flashings, skylights, chimneys)
- Plumbing System (including: water supply & distribution, drain, waste & vent, water heating, flues, chimneys, fuel storage & distribution, sump pumps)
- Electrical System (including: service drop & grounding, wiring methods, conductors, cables, equipment & main disconnects)
- Heating System (including: equipment, vents, flues, chimneys)
- Air Conditioning System (including: installed central and through-wall equipment)
- Insulation & Ventilation (including: insulation & vapour retarders, attics & foundation areas, mechanical ventilation)
- Fireplaces (including: system components, vents, flues & chimneys)